Please use this link to nominate a star at any point this year.
Any Commack employee can be nominated, including teachers, teacher assistants, aides, nurses, clerical, substitutes, buildings and grounds, administrators, etc.
The Commack Star award will be awarded to employees who(se):
- Demonstrates exemplary achievement, contribution, and performance in their role.
- Acts consistently as a professional and engages in continuous learning and development.
- Efforts have inspired and supported the achievement and performance of others (including staff and students).
- Exemplifies a positive attitude toward their role in the Commack Schools, including toward co-workers, students, and the community.
- Demonstrates effective leadership, humility, "people first" orientation, and delivers innovative solutions.
- Shows quality and care in their work and is dependable, whether it be teaching and learning, supporting students and staff, etc.
- A willingness to take initiative, go above and beyond their positions' duties for the good of the Commack Schools.
There is no limit to the number of nomination forms that can be submitted for any individual employee or the number of times an employee can be nominated. However, an employee can only receive the Commack Star award once per calendar year. Nominations will be considered and remain on the nomination list for a three-month period, unless re-nominated.
The Commack Star Council will review nominations on a monthly basis and the Commack Star award will be awarded monthly. One or more individuals may receive a Commack Star Award each month. Recipients of the Commack Star Award will be surprised in their school, department, or building.