CMS Family and Consumer Sciences:
building skills that last a lifetime.
- Shape responsible citizens and leaders.
- Strengthen cooperative and communication skills.
- Foster critical and creative thinking skills.
- Promote optimal nutrition and wellness.
- Encourage students to act as responsible consumers and resource managers.
- Provide stepping stones for optimal life management and career success.
The Family and Consumer Sciences Department fits into the Technology component of the Middle Years Program curriculum model. The IB Program defines technology as “…the know-how and creative processes that may assist people to utilize tools, resources and systems to solve problems that may improve the human condition…” Through the use of the Design cycle, student curiosity, ingenuity, self confidence and resourcefulness is nurtured. Students can fine tune practical and critical thinking skills while creating food products, setting career goals, discovering financial solutions, and sewing pillow projects.